Here's the scoop:
Most of us got started scrapping because we believe that documenting our family's memories is important, but sometimes its hard to find the time, the energy and the inspiration to create. Well we here at Scrapfreak want to help! January is our first month-long challenge of the year (look for more later this year) with a full 31 days of ideas to inspire you to scrap that stack of photos you have waiting for you!
Each day, the team will share a layout from the freak gallery by one of the many talented members here, along with a related challenge to get you creating. And to give you an extra push to create, we are kicking off the JSYS challenge with a mini-crop all day on the 1st featuring 10 fun challenges! No special supplies required. No crazy projects that will clutter up your house. Just 10 ideas for creating pages to help fill your scrapbooks!
Since this is our first month long challenge, a bit about how it works:
- The event is open to everyone, including newbies! Just jump in
- To play along, just share your projects in the challenge threads by uploading your pages to the scrapfreak gallery and linking back to the thread
- Each month-long challenge will give you a chance to earn a special badge made just for that event (we all love cute siggies, right?)
- And there will be a RAK offered at the end of month from a Team Freak member
The details for the January challenge:
- To qualify for the badge you must complete 20 of the 40 challenges by February 7th (this is one week after the last challenge is posted)
- Bree will be giving away a RAK to one person who completes at least 10 of the challenges. You get an extra chance to win for each challenge you do in addition to the 10 to qualify.
- Each challenge is a layout challenge, but any size layout is fine. The point is not to create "work" for you but to help get you scrapping, so work in the size you like to work in most
- Its okay to combine JSYS challenges with Freaky Friday challenges as long as you meet the requirements of both