Friday, June 26, 2009

Sun poisoning

Lou and I took Amy's girls to the Potter Park zoo yesterday. It was really cool. We bought a membership to the John Ball Park zoo this year and Potter Park is one of the recipricoal zoos we get to go to with our membership.
We mainly went because they have a Rhino exhibit, but when we got there we found out that they are redoing the exhibit, so there are no Rhinos right now!
While we were there the skies opened and there was a heavy downpur for about 10 minutes. We did find cover inside the feline exhibit, but not before we were all soaking wet. The bonus was that it really cooled us off! The girls were so well-behaved. I thought being soaking wet would ruin their fun, but they didn't seem to mind.
I want to go back in the fall when it cools off a bit! Oh and when the Rhino exhibit is open again.

Well, after all the fun we had I got in the car and felt weird bumps on my cheeks. By the time we got home, it had spread down my neck. Now it is on my face, neck, and arms. And, it's most likely sun poisoning. It doesn't hurt or itch just more annoying and I feel like I look weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment